So you may be sitting there staring at your laptop thinking to yourself how to improve your results in terms of finding a formula to getting your cold emails to actually be opened. You may be wondering what you are doing wrong or what better approach you can take. If you are thinking this, you are not alone. In a recent study, it was found that 93% of cold emails quite simply suck. But don't worry, there is actually a way for you to be that 7% of cold e-mailers that can achieve their goals and maximize from all your campaigns. There are different approaches to this and you can find other perspectives online, but we believe this to be a straightforward and simple approach to actually get the job done. Here is one approach to making sure cold emails get read:
The Before-After-Bridge Approach
The Before After Bridge approach is quite simple.
- You Present where your potential client is and what type of problems they face without your product.
- Let them know how they will be better off without this problem they currently have.
- Thirdly, explain how your product or service will eliminate that problem or issue and show how exactly it will benefit their overall issues.
Here is a clear cut example of what we mean by this:
You can read more in depth of the B-A-B approach here
The reason why this approach works so well is at a psychological level. There are two triggers in the mind that make readers take action on what they read in an email. Pain and Pleasure. This actually applies to anything in general. However, in cold emailing, you really want to be able to present these triggers so that you can have a higher probability that your cold email will actually achieve what you want it to. Quite simply, your goal is to get your email to be opened and read. Once you get them to open it, you need to trigger one of those two areas and the B-A-B approach is one of various ways to succeed in achieving this.
Other tips on cold emailing strategies
Another approach to cold emailing can be found on Louis Creamer's Twitter feed:
Other valuable sources:
- 4 Winning Approaches for Writing Cold Emails
- How to Write a Cold Email that will actually get a response
Remember that strategy is everything and each and every word counts!
Like our Blog? Subscribe and be first to receive our articles via email as they are written!
Get the following FOR FREE when you Subscribe:
- Blog updates
- Email Marketing Cheat Sheets
- Email Marketing Step by Step Blue Prints
- Valuable Infographics & Videos
- Much More! All about Email Marketing
Tags: cold emailing strategies, how to get cold emails read, making sure cold emails get read, tips on getting emails read